Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"I Am Weary - Let Me Rest" Performed by the Cox Family


"Is country music's Mama, in her purity and prayer, in fact a reflection of the Virgin Mary?" asked Sam Torode — Jesus and Mama. Tolle, lege, as we anticipate the Feast of the Assumption (Marymass).

Mr. Torode's "intercessor par excellence in country music" is appealed to at the hour of death in the above song, almost as Catholics pray, "Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, ora pro nobis peccatoribus, nunc, et in hora mortis nostræ."

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

I've added a link to your new blog on my blogroll. Welcome home.

August 15, 2011 at 12:51 AM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Thank you. I'm back, settling in, and finally connected to the Internet. It's quite exciting.

August 16, 2011 at 10:21 PM  
Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

I bet it is! Nothing better than a homecoming. And after being away for so long, I bet it is both old and new to you. Glad to see that things have worked out so well for you!

August 17, 2011 at 12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home