Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Johanna Kurkela Performs J. Hetfield and L. Ulrich's "Nothing Else Matters"


Siris posted the above, saying, "I like the Metallica original, too, but this, I think, is my favorite rendition of it; I tend to like most of Kurkela's work" — Music on My Mind. I am not now now nor have a ever been a fan of Metallica, perhaps to my discredit, and until now I did not know Johanna Kurkela from Eve, but I like this rendition.

It reminds me strangely of my time in Korea. Whether this is due to some shared cultural affinities among speakers of Ural–Altaic languages or just because all foreigners interpret American culture in similar, somehwat sterilized ways, I do not know. Maybe it's just because Miss Kurkela is slender, pretty, and proper, like most Korean singers.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger 박태민 마태오 said...

I'm actually a bit surprised that you weren't at least a casual fan of Metallica. After all, they did perform with the San Francisco Symphony:

"No Leaf Clover"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZEoyQ4aWyU&feature=related

November 24, 2011 at 6:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home