Friday, November 25, 2011

O Kodak!


Today in the shadow of the soon-to-be-bankrupt corporate headquarters pictured above, my father told me this story — How Kodak invented the digital camera in 1975: "A Kodak engineer credited with inventing the digital camera has revealed how bewildered company executives couldn’t understand why anyone would ever want to look at images on a TV screen when he first proposed the idea of a ‘filmless camera’ to them in 1975."

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

3 Comments:

Blogger Pints in NYC said...

Paul Simon - Kodachrome

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZpaNJqF4po

"When I think back
On all the crap I learned in high school
It's a wonder
I can think at all
And though my lack of education
Hasn't hurt me none
I can read the writing on the wall

Kodachrome
You give us those nice bright colors
You give us the greens of summers
Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah!
I got a Nikon camera
I love to take a photograph
So Mama, don't take my Kodachrome away "

November 25, 2011 at 10:48 PM  
Blogger Steve Hayes said...

Sic transit gloria mundi

November 26, 2011 at 7:18 AM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Amen. I hate to see such a local benefactor on the verge of collapse. I regret every role of Fuji film I bought over the years.

November 26, 2011 at 10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home