Humanæ Vitæ Was Right
Business Insider's Michael Brendan Dougherty and Pascal-Emmanuel Gobry argue that "the world's biggest and oldest organization," which "has buried all of the greatest empires known to man, from the Romans to the Soviets," might just be on to something when it "teaches that love, marriage, sex, and procreation are all things that belong together" — Time To Admit It: The Church Has Always Been Right On Birth Control. An excerpt:
- Today's injunctions against birth control were re-affirmed in a 1968 document by Pope Paul VI called Humanae Vitae. He warned of four results if the widespread use of contraceptives was accepted:
1. General lowering of moral standards
2. A rise in infidelity, and illegitimacy
3. The reduction of women to objects used to satisfy men.
4. Government coercion in reproductive matters.
Does that sound familiar?
Because it sure sounds like what's been happening for the past 40 years.