Saturday, September 29, 2012

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings Perform "Make Me A Pallet On Your Floor"


The latest number I'm learning on my $23 guitar, my version halfway between those of Mississippi John Hurt and Doc Watson, with the following risqué but genial lyrics:
    Make me down a pallet on your floor
    Make me down a pallet on your floor
    Honey, make it down, make it soft and low
    Then maybe my good gal she won't know

    Honey, I can't lay down on your bed
    Honey, I can't lay down on your bed
    You know I can't lay down across your pretty bed
    My good woman she might kill you dead
    And don't you let my good gal catch you here
    No don't you let my good gal catch you here
    She might shoot you, cut and stump you too
    Ain't no tellin' just what she might do

    Ooh, make me down a pallet on your floor
    Make me down a pallet on your floor
    Honey, make it down, make it soft and low
    Then maybe my good gal she won't know

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home