Saturday, September 29, 2012

The Fugees Perform "Killing Me Softly"


A departure from this blog's usual musical fare inspired by a bargain bin purchase today of an album I enjoyed immensely back in the '90s, which was the soundtrack of my first year in Korea. I had then unthinkingly bought the Tipper Gore-Parents Music Resource Center-Parental Advisory version of the album. Now, a decade-and-a-half later, I can finally enjoy the original with all its f-bombs. As far as this blogger is concerned, the Fugees mark the end of Hip hop.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger 장흥 저널 Jangheung Journal said...

I love The Fugees. Pretty impressive that each member went on to have some measure of success as a solo artist: that's talent. I would like to extend the death of hip-hop to 1998 when Black Star (Mos-Def and Talib Kweli released their album). Check out "Brown Skin Lady": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTR-9VuwVjo

September 30, 2012 at 5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home