Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Adeste Fideles Performed by Andrea Bocelli and the Orchestra and Choir of Santa Cecilia National Academy, Directed by Myung-Whun Chung


From Auntie Beeb we learn that "there's a suspicion that O Come All Ye Faithful was a call to 18th century Jacobites to rebel" — BBC Two - The Truth About Christmas Carols. How cool is that? It is at least for us proponents of Jeffersonian Jacobitism, especially those hoping to revive a little bit of the glory of Jacobite New York (1682-1688).

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Pints in NYC said...

This is truly great and glorious!

You seem to know how to elicit a response when I've been dormant for a spell. Things beer or NY related tend to work, and this rings home!

Cheers!

BTW - Do you think you'd be interested in that April conference @ Syracuse I've emailed you about? I think we could pull something together quick and easily if you are interested. Let me know!

December 26, 2012 at 10:46 PM  
Blogger 장흥저널 Jangheung Journal 長興日報 said...

I love this song. Perhaps my favourite hymn. It works in any language too. I love this English version by Libera:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phL9rYto7wk

and the Korean one is good too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKaymKIdD2I

Still, nothing tops the Latin. Thanks for posting!

December 27, 2012 at 8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home