Sunday, January 13, 2013

An Ordinary (but Extraordinary) Beer for Ordinary Time


Now that Christmas is over, I'm happily back to drinking Genesee 12 Horse Ale after all that craftier stuff, like Southern Tier 2XMAS and Sierra Nevada Celebration Ale (not local, but my folks sojourned in the fine town of Chico, California for one turn of the Chinese zodiac). They just stopped tasting all that good to me. I've even lost my taste for the beers of the Saranac Brewery, which was about the only craft beer around in the early '90s. I think I'll still crave a Dundee India Pale Ale from time to time, but I'm more than content to stand by the iconic brand whose resurrection Cream Ale Drinker chronicles here — Genesee 12 Horse Ale Trots Back to Consumers.

Labels: , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Pints in NYC said...

Celebration is a great ale from a great brewery.

Ommegang is now putting out 4-packs of pints. Just had some of their Three Philosophers. Great stuff this time of year.

Cheers.

January 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home