Sunday, January 13, 2013

Chickoried Coffee


The characters in the Walker Percy novels I've been reading are always drinking the stuff, so I picked up a can of Café Du Monde when I saw it at the Asian Food Market today. Vietnamese friends introduced me to the brand years ago, and I subsequently had a chance to visit the Café du Monde coffee shop on a business trip to La Nouvelle-Orléans. Great stuff, and with much more history than anything coming from that town named after Chief Si'ahl.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Hayes said...

Our usual brand of instant coffee, Ricoffy, is a coffee-chicory mix, though they don't say in what proportions. It used to be called Ricory, but they changed it when coffee became more fashionable.

January 14, 2013 at 12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home