Monday, February 25, 2013

Here's to the Village of East Rochester!

I could not agree more with the owner of this establishment within walking distance that "East Rochester is like a well kept secret" — A fresh start for East Rochester pizzeria.

The Church of Saint Jerome being my parish, spiritually, I am an East Rochesterian. Derided locally as the home of low-class eyeties, it is really a gem of a little town, not as snooty as Pittsford, New York, but not as run-down as the city to the west. It is also home to my favorite establishment, McGraw's Irish Pub, because I can always walk home if I drink too much. The town is also where my son and I get our hair cut.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

Fascinating story. I was particularly taken by this material from the article on the pizzeria:

"The business was awarded grant funding from New York State for renovations, which allowed the owner to add a new roof, seating and other interior improvements."

Hardly an example of libertarianism in action, but a wonderful example of the kind of little communities conservatism that a Hamiltonian approach can foster.

February 25, 2013 at 11:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home