Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Millennialism & Manospherism

A conservative blog for peace quotes one Stuart Koehl, "Compared to the Baby Boomers, the Millennials are models of sobriety, industriousness and chastity" — The generations.

I'm a fan of the generation that came right after mine; most of the music posted on this blog comes from them carrying on the traditions of the past, with organic developments of their own. I grew up thinking I was born decades (and sometimes centuries) after my time, but maybe I was just born ten years too early.

"I'm a Gen Xer who loves the Millennials with whom I work," commented I on the Young Fogey's post. "The gals are more comfortable with being feminine than were those of my generation. Their existence is a sign of hope." The Fogey later in the thread responded:
    I agree with Iosue (Joshua). I love the ones I work with. Two examples: a probably upper-class girl who sounds exactly like a movie or TV actress 50 years ago; elegant, with no Valley Girl accent or vocal fry. A lady. Another young lady but a lady nonetheless, whom I mentioned in the blog before: pretty, and stylish in an edgy modern way, who nonetheless says she wants her man to be a man who can take care of her, not an oversensitive crier (she's had that and found it wanting), plus '(I believe in fairness for women of course but) women who go around saying they're feminists are a little messed up'.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Enbrethiliel said...

+JMJ+

Now I'm back from having looked up "vocal fry." What an annoying affectation!

May 27, 2013 at 6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home