Friday, June 21, 2013

Happy About a Hoppy I.P.A.


The Matt Brewing Company out of Utica, New York was craft before craft was cool, and, back in the Gay Nineties, or actually a full century later, the first craft beer I remember buying. Two decades and thousands of bottles of beer later, I regret to say that I have been disappointed by their brews after my return to Burned-Over District. That disappointment ends today, with Saranac High Peaks Series Imperial IPA! While not quite up there with last night's even more locally-brewed Rohrbach Railroad Street IPA, it's far better than the standard Saranac India Pale Ale, which always send me back to the the old local stand-by my transplanted Mississippian grandmother preferred, Genesee Cream Ale.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger 장흥저널 Jangheung Journal 長興日報 said...

I was hoping you'd have a beer post up. I don't drink myself, but I thought I'd pass along this link:

http://www.thestar.com/life/food_wine/2013/05/31/ontario_craft_brewers_toasting_wins_at_global_beer_fest.html

June 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

Thanks. I need to renew mt passport before visiting your fair land. There was I time I remember a driver's licence or word of mouth was good enough. Still is, to enter your lovely country, but not to return to the USSA.

July 4, 2013 at 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home