Monday, July 1, 2013

Going Back to Vinyl


On a whim I bought one of those Crosley CR66 Rochester 5 in 1 Entertainment Center with auxiliary input, AM/FM Radio, tape, CD Players I've been eyeing for years. The LP I bought along with it? My first favorite, of course, released in the year of my birth — The Beatles' Abbey Road.

Now, if only I hadn't had my parents give to Goodwill all those Hardcore Punk albums I had stored in their garage for years while I was overseas. You'll be able to find me at Record Archive restocking my collection, now with Old-time and Bluegrass.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

2 Comments:

Blogger Mark in Spokane said...

Thanks for posting this! I didn't even know something like this was even being made. What is the workmanship like? Actual wood or is is synthetic? Where is it made? Yow, next purchase if it turns out okay!

July 3, 2013 at 12:35 AM  
Blogger Iosue Andreas Sartorius said...

It is real wood, but not made here in America, unfortunately. Interestingly, the stylus in manual, when even the cheapo models in the 80's were fully automatic. No problem, though..

Crosley makes a lot of neat looking things. Their AM/FM radios are beautes; just turn the dials and you'll know why. I actually liked their portable turntables better design-wise, but figured if I'm going to spend $80 on a turntable, I might as well spend $120 on a turntable, CD/MP3 player, AM/FM radio, and casette player combined.

July 3, 2013 at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home