Friday, August 23, 2013

Educated Beyond Our Intelligence

That's what we have become as a nation, Gavin McInnes rightly argues — A Nation of Working-Class Dropouts. The first paragraph:
    Every time a liberal sees someone behaving badly they sigh and say, “They just need education,” but the solution to America’s problems is less education, not more. If we got over this myth that everyone needs infinite academia, we would have less unemployment, more manufacturing, a stronger economy, less student debt, and less school tax. The economy would be stronger and we would all be happier. Ironically, in an effort not to hurt anyone’s feelings, we developed a system where everyone has to go to college, even the stupid people, until we all feel like shit.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger M. Jordan Lichens said...

As someone who holds an MA from the most prestigious (or at least a top ten) institution in America, I couldn't agree more with the tenor of your quotation. My intelligence can get me far, but my education has prepared me for jack.

What's odd is that I hear all the time that I'm too smart to do what I do and then I try to remind them that Dorothy Sayers was a copywriter and TS Eliot was a banker. If they were humble enough to work I can be proud to find a job in this economy.

August 25, 2013 at 4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home