Monday, September 16, 2013

Rachel Sermanni Performs "Breathe Easy" & Bones




"I discover a lot of good music through your blog, but I want to especially thank you for introducing me to Rachel Sermanni," writes Jeremiah on a nine-month-old post of mine — Rachel Sermanni Performs "Ae Fond Kiss" and "Marshmallow Unicorn".

Thank you, Jeremiah, for reminding me of her. I stumbled across her music back in January, but did not dwell on it too long. My mistake. Jeremiah continues:
    I love her voice. I'll be heading up to Toronto (from Pittsburgh) to hear her perform at Hugh's Room this Friday. Toronto seems to be the closest she ever gets to my part of the world.
Yes, this Scottish lass has a lovely voice indeed. Toronto and Pittsburgh are two wonderful cities that happen to be the two closest genuine cities to my part of the world. Unfortunately, I do not think I will be able to make it up there this Friday, but I thank your for the news. I'll post more of her music tomorrow.

Labels: , , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger Jeremiah said...

If I have the opportunity to speak with Rachel Sermanni after the performance, which may be possible as I think Hugh's Room is a small venue, I'll encourage her to play in Pittsburgh sometime. Maybe we'll both be able to see her perform there. I'd try to attend any show she has in Pittsburgh, but as much as I enjoy her music, Toronto is a bit far to be doing that.

By the way, you also introduced me to Lisa Hannigan, and I unexpectedly got to hear her perform in Pittsburgh this June. My Jeep broke down in the city one day, and while it was being repaired, I decided to walk down to Point State Park to check out Arts Fest. I took a seat on the grass in front of Dollar Bank Stage and was feeling rather frustrated about my luck with the Jeep. It was then that I noticed the music and realized I knew that voice. It was Lisa Hannigan! I'm not sure she has ever performed in Pittsburgh before, and I stumbled onto her show by accident. It was the silver lining to an otherwise bad day.

September 17, 2013 at 1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home