Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Lisa Hannigan Performs "Passenger"


The Irish lass singing a song set in America:
    Walking 'round Chicago
    I have smuggled you as cargo
    Though you are far away unknowing
    By the time we get to Salt Lake
    I have packed you in my suitcase
    Iron the creases from my own remembering

    She said "Burn.. oh why"
    And I said "Burn.. oh why"

    We wound our way to Texas
    And I summoned rumbled hexes
    And I sent them across dust and oceans
    In Phoenix, Arizona I had a notion I might phone ya
    But there it lived and died a notion

    She said "Burn.. oh why"
    And I said "Burn.. oh why
    Oh my satellite
    Oh my passenger

    We came upon Ohio
    I have you chewed on like a biro
    You are a sum I am no closer to deciphering
    We came to Minneapolis
    All fizzy blood and twitchy fists
    I buried you in a day of snowing

    She said "Burn.. oh why"
    And I said "Burn.. oh why"

    Oh my satellite
    Oh my passenger

    Oh my satellite
    Oh my passenger

Labels: ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home