Friday, February 7, 2014

Support Your Local Brewery!


"If ever there was an example of old meets new, it's inside the 135-year-old Genesee Brewery," reports our local newspaper today in this quasi-religious story — Combination of old-timey techniques and cutting-edge technology brings Genesee roaring back. "It's this neat, fun place. They've got the best view in all of Rochester. It's a place to go to experience the history, the heritage of the brand."

Genesee Beer got my friends and me through high school, growing up in the then-brewery-less but bigger city to the west, Buffalo, New York. When I was flown in from Asia for what turned out to be a successful job interview, after an absence lasting a full turn of the Chinese zodiac, the first thing I did when free was walk to the convenience store to buy myself several 16-ounce cans of Genesee Cream Ale, drink of choice of my Mississippi-transplanted granny.

On my recent trips to Dixie I almost wept when I saw Genesee Beer on sale at the Piggly Wiggly. It was almost as if the War of Northern Aggression / War Between The States / Civil War had never been fought.

Genesee Beer means a lot to us around here.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home