Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Death Without Dignity

Anne choose euthanasia; soon people like her (and us) will be not be given a choice, and will simply be euthanized — Retired British art teacher ends life at Dignitas ‘because she couldn’t adapt to modern world’. From the story:
    “They say adapt or die. At my age, I feel that I can’t adapt, because the new age is not an age that I grew up to understand. I see everything as cutting corners. All the old-fashioned ways of doing things have gone.”

    Anne told the newspaper she felt email had taken the humanity out of human interaction, and said people were “becoming robots” sat in front of screens.

    She described her horror at the rows of ready-made meals on sale in supermarkets, and her fears about the environmental impact of overcrowding and pollution.

    “I find myself swimming against the current, and you can’t do that,” she said. “If you can’t join them, get off.”

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home