Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Loving Story (2011)


The Loving Story (2011) tells the story of the marriage leading up to Loving v. Virginia, the "landmark civil rights decision of the United States Supreme Court which invalidated laws prohibiting interracial marriage" and more importantly that the State should get out of marriage.

The Loving couple are absolutely lovely, all the more so since the husband is a real Southron White man and his wife a real Southron Black/Indian woman. The documentarists wanted to build hate against good Southron folks who said innocent stuff like
    Some of my best friends are niggers, if I got in to trouble, I think th... the niggers would come to me as quick as anybody else in the world. I'll give you a little instance, I was standing down on the street with a gentleman from another city last Saturday, and I recon that fifteen or twenty negroes passed, and I spoke to 'em "Good morning John, how you gettin' along?" "Very well thank you Mr. Wall, gettin' on fine." And that went on for fifteen or twenty uh negros in less than fifteen minutes... and uh I... I uh... we love our people.
but ironically perhaps the only hateful characters in the documentary were the Jewish lawyers who argued the case before S.C.O.T.U.S. motivated by a confessed hatred of "rednecks" like Richard Loving.

Labels: , , , , ,

Bookmark and Share

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home