Wednesday, April 13, 2016

"History in Five: The Real Ty Cobb" From Simon & Schuster Books


Karen de Coster includes this video in a post about the "absolutely incredible, revisionist story by investigative journalist Charles Leerhsen in Imprimus, a publication of Hillsdale College, on the real Ty Cobb and how his life and career was entirely distorted and misrepresented by mythologists, sensationalists, and the monster Ken Burns, the painfully mainstream TV 'historian'" — Undoing the Lies About Ty Cobb.

Labels: , ,

Bookmark and Share

1 Comments:

Blogger 導美娜 said...

I'm glad that so much of the stuff in Ken Burns documentary (which I must say I loved) on Cobb turned out to be false.

I'm a big fan of players like Cobb and Jordan (throw Kobe Bryant in there too...its his last game tonight) who play with great passion: almost an obsession. They remind me a lot of my students in Korea (only in athletics). The Korean wrote a pretty good article on that here: http://askakorean.blogspot.ca/2011/12/happiness-success-and-michael-jordan.html

April 13, 2016 at 9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home